Minister’s Musings – April 13, 2021
Going with the Flow During Times of Change
Have you ever been going along, setting goals and making plans, and then all of a sudden something pushes you off course — you had one idea of what you wanted and then the Universe gives you a totally different outcome? Even though these changes are frustrating, I believe that these detours are a necessary part of the growth process. If everything went according to plan, what would we ever learn? We would become stagnant and stuck in the same old routine and creating the same experience today that we had yesterday. How can we reach a new goal and seeking a new outcome when everything happens the way it always has?
We’re Observing the Change
We at Unity of Tacoma are prayerfully observing the changes in our state and county as we move through the different phases of reopening businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. Yesterday, Governor Inslee decided that Pierce County was being pushed back to Phase 2 of the reopening plan, limiting gatherings in person to 25% of capacity. This move was made in response to the rising numbers of COVID-19 cases in our area despite the increasing number of people receiving the vaccine.
We’re Holding the High Watch
As we hold those affected by COVID-19 in prayers of healing and wholeness, we also support our church as we hold the high watch for the greatest good to arise from this situation and know that we are where we need to be right now in this moment. With this understanding, we will continue to plan for our reopening and meeting in person, patiently waiting for the time to open. We have faith that the right circumstances will present themselves at the perfect moment. This time is coming and we hold space for its unfolding.
We’re Doing New Things!
Even though we are not able to meet in person yet, the constant change has encouraged a lot of growth for us. We continue to learn new ways to connect with each of you and to invite new people into our church family. Some of the wonderful things happening right now include:
- Online, live weekly messages with live guest musicians every Sunday morning at 10:00 AM;
- Video recorded messages to watch anytime on our website and on YouTube;
- Opportunities to connect and share on social media such as Facebook and Instagram;
- Outreach opportunities to support families by donating diapers to go to the Nourish Foodbank;
- Soul Connections monthly newsletter to let you know what’s happening at Unity of Tacoma;
- Minister’s Musings blog to keep you up to date on what I (Rev. Lori) am up to;
- Ongoing prayer support by visiting our Prayer Wisdom page or fill out the Prayer Request Form;
- Social distancing art projects you can see by visiting our Art Gallery;
- A website full of Spiritual resources and information about Unity of Tacoma;
- …and so much more!
We’re Growing and Evolving
So even though we appear to be standing still, waiting for the green light to move into the safest, most enriching opportunity for us to meet in person again, we are growing and evolving beyond any of our expectations. Unity of Tacoma is offering up so many blessings and ways to connect. We are grateful for this opportunity to learn and are moving out of the way to let the Divine move us in the right direction. We let go, and let God!
In love and light…